Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Thought Closet

I started a new bible study on Monday. I went to Lifeway in search of a CD and a new bible study. As I was walking in Lifeway a poster in the window caught my eye. It was one of those that you couldn't miss it even if you tried. It was a big, red poster advertising Jennifer Rothschild's new bible study Me Myself and Lies, a thought closet makeover.

I've only done two days...But I love it so far. It has really made me think about my thoughts and I didn't realize how negative some of them were til she makes you write them down. In the second day, she has you compare the Human Thought Closet with God's Thought Closet. And the difference is astounding, it really made me think about how negative my thoughts were toward myself and what a mess my thought closet is.

I read a verse in her study that I really like. It comes from Isaiah 55:9.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."
When I was a teenager, my Mom and I use to joke about the power of positive thinking. One of her favorite books was The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. How ironic that I am reading a book about improving my thought closet...If she were her with me, right now, she would literally LOL...because I would never read The Power of Positive Thinking because I didn't think I needed too. And now I'm doing a bible study about the power of self talk. I'm looking forward to seeing what Day 3 holds for my thought closet...

1 comment: