Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Moving Onward...

So, I had meeting a church last night with some of my friends. We were planning events and discussing the future of our women’s ministry and what was expected of each of us. As my Aunt Tootie was talking she made the comment that we needed to be able to “talk the talk as well as walk the walk.” And it made me think of a shirt that I bought when I was at Camp Ba Yo Ca many, many years ago. It had footprints going up the side and said, “Walk the walk and Talk the talk” with a scripture reference to 1 John 2:5-6. And on the back of the shirt the scripture was printed out.

But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. 1 John 2:5-6
Man, I haven’t thought about that shirt in many, many years (probably since Mom made me throw it out when it became too ragged). It’s amazing what the mind remembers…Or maybe it’s just me…I remember a lot of random things…LOL!

Anyways, I am really excited to see what God has in store for our women as we grow as individuals and as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment