Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm just going to BE STILL

So, I was trying to decide what I could blog about since it has been a "few days" since my last post. I was thinking about how we all lose focus because we are so busy. So, I thought to myself that would make a pretty good post. But then, I changed my mind and decided to wait, but I continued to think about how I little time I have spent with God over the few weeks. And how I just really need to step back and be still. And then, I changed my mind deciding I didn't know how to word a post like that. So, I logged onto Biblegateway.com in search of the perfect Psalm to post today and guess what the verse of the day was???

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”- Psalm 46:10

So, I guess I found the perfect Psalm! LOL! It's amazing how God shows us things when we least expect them. So, today and throughout the next week, when I feel frustrated and I'm ready to throw my hands up and quit, I'm going to (try to) remember to step back and let God lead me. I'm going to let it be as simple as saying, "OK. God, You are in complete control. I'm stepping back and I'm going to let you lead me."

2 comments:

  1. Becca, just getting caught up on your blog. Well, first of all I must say "I am impressed!" You're doing a GREAT job at sharing with the world. And I must say, this verse, was one of your Mom's life verses “Be still, and know that I am God..." if you remember and she used it on the last business card she and Rick had printed for "Counting your Blessings" ministry. I have it actually posted on my cube wall at work and read it about every morning...(well the mornings that I take time to "be still"...lol!) It's a visual reminder for me to know how precious life is and how fragile our earthly lives are and that we must live each and every minute for God. So, keep up the wonderful writings! Your mom would be so proud...wait a minute....is proud of you!!!
    Love,
    Aunt J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Becca! Just now getting around to checking out your blog, and I must say, "I'm impressed". And, this verse was one of your mom's life verses: "Be Still and know that I am God..." This verse was on the last business card her and Rick made for "Counting your Blessings Ministry". Remember? I have the card posted on my cube wall at work and read it every day (well the days that I take the time to "be still" and read it! LOL :) You're mom would be so proud of you...wait a minute, she "is" proud of YOU!
    Keep up the blogging!
    Love ya,
    Aunt J

    ReplyDelete